Interested in London Investment Banking?
Here are a few tips on London’s investment banking programs:
- For the bulge bracket banks, London investment banking is grouped in EMEA recruiting: Europe, Middle East, and Asia
- EMEA recruiting is separate from NYC recruitment – the process typically has fewer events than NYC recruiting
- The New York and London Investment Banking HR team work together, but the interview processes is separate. This is important if you are applying to multiple locations, some banks will discourage this.
- Having geographic knowledge is a plus, know the industry specifics and what the key drivers are
- In London, a majority of the associates are analyst promotes, whereas in New York most anlaysts are required to have an MBA before making the jump
- Both the analyst and associate classes are much smaller than New York