Bank of America Merrill Lynch was formed on January 1, 2009, upon the completion of B of A’s acquisition of Merrill Lynch. The wealth management division of B of A, Merrill Lynch brings B of A the world’s largest brokerage with 15,000 financial personnel and $2.2 trillion in assets. This division now specializes in providing financial advising on trading, lending, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, liquidity and payment management, and various investment banking activities.
Since the acquisition of Merrill Lynch, B of A reorganized into 4 divisions: Asia Pacific, Europe/Middle East/ Africa, Latin America, and the U.S./ Canada, with approximately 300,000 personnel worldwide. As a result, B of A Merrill Lynch generated a 6.8% global market share in investment banking in 2010. This was due to the division’s becoming the top revenue-grossing investment bank worldwide in leveraged loans and asset-backed securities, in addition to becoming the second highest revenue-generating investment bank globally.
- Susan Bies, former Governor of the Federal Reserve Board
- William Boardman, former Chairman of Visa International Inc.
- Frank P. Bramble Sr, former Executive Officer, MBNA Corporation
- Virgis W. Colbert, (69), senior advisor, MillerCoors Company
- Charles K. Gifford, former Chairman, Bank of America Corporation
- Charles O. Holliday, Chairman, Bank of America Corporation, former Chairman and CEO of DuPont
- D. Paul Jones, lawyer and former CEO of Compass Bancshares, a Birmingham, Alabama bank now part of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA
- Brian T. Moynihan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bank of America Corporation
- Monica C. Lozano, Publisher and Chief Executive Officer of La Opinión
- Walter E. Massey, former Chairman, Bank of America Corporation, President Emeritus, Morehouse College
- Thomas J. May, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, NSTAR
- Donald E. Powell, former Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
- Charles O. Rossotti, (68) senior advisor, The Carlyle Group
- Thomas M. Ryan, President and Chief Executive Officer, CVS Caremark Corporation
- Robert W. Scully, former member, Office of the Chairman of Morgan Stanley